Small Business Month 2020: Gig East- Wilson’s Newest Way to Grow Small Businesses
Gig East is an initiative designed to leverage Wilson’s technology infrastructure to attract, retain, and grow businesses in our community. The annual Gig East Summit “brings together thinkers, tinkers, and dreamers from around the state to discuss innovation, entrepreneurship, technology and more”. The next Gig East breakthrough is the Gig East Exchange, a coworking space located at 127 Goldsboro St., which will be equipped to house start ups and entrepreneurs of all kinds.
* If construction permits, this event will be held at the Gig East Exchange. Otherwise, the event will be held at the Chamber.
Featured presenter: Darren Smith, Gig East Exchange Manager.
ATTENDANCE WILL BE LIMITED TO 20 PEOPLE TO ADHERE TO SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOLS. PLEASE WEAR YOUR MASK AND PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING. For those unable to attend in person, the event will also be broadcast virtually, and a link to participate will be sent to virtual registrants prior to the event. Registration is required for both in-person and virtual registrants.
AN IMPORTANT NOTE ON SAFETY: There is no greater priority than safety and well-being of our members, staff, and visitors. We appreciate your understanding as we implement the following precautions at Chamber-hosted events for the foreseeable future:
- Reduced in-person capacity according to state guidelines. In most cases, guests can attend our events virtually, usually at a reduced cost. See individual event websites for details.
- Facility accommodations will be spaced to allow appropriate physical distancing.
- Face coverings are required at all events. If a meal is being served, the face covering may be removed once seated.
- Advance registration and check-in is required for all events (except Ribbon Cuttings). When checking-in in-person, expect to have your temperature screened before entering the event. Guests with temperatures exceeding 99.5 will not be permitted entry.
- Guests who have exhibited flu-like symptoms less than 10 days prior to the event (or who have been in close contact with someone who has) are asked not to attend. Any preregistration fees incurred will be refunded in full when cancelled in advance, with no explanation necessary.